OOC General

Admin

Male

OOC General

Post by Inazuma Sun on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 7:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a very lax ooc discussion topic in general. I have no idea what kind of RP people want to do here but I'll just go with it as long as people write properly lmao

Re: OOC General

Post by Ajbcool on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 7:49 pm

It is Alphabot. That was a typo.

As for the origin, most of the concept of the XYZ-Omnibot superior, as well as what happened between when Anaku rescued him and when he split up from Winnzor, that was all me. The actual origin with the scientist and the daughter, as well as the characterizations of the individual parts, all were created within WAOA.
    Admin

Male

Post by Inazuma Sun on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 8:17 pm

Oh good that means I can use Alphabut[t] for myself.

...On second thought I don't think I want to use that, but maybe someone out there does, & you have inspired them.

And cool, that works. How much backstory would you end up including here, hypothetically? Some or all of it? I only ask since I want to make sure the characters' powers are still played in ways that'll be fun for the other RPers too, as Dustin once said "if a character's presence causes all conflict to cease they're too strong". Powers, even exceptionally strong ones, are still fine, as long as there's a balance that keeps them from letting people play their characters the way they want.

Only saying this because I know a couple people here have had problems with that sorta thing in the past & I know you wouldn't do it on purpose. Bark [Jolteon] Though some individual RPs are free to put a cap on powers, too, as those sorta things are dictated by the thread starter.

Post by Ajbcool on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 8:20 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "how much backstory I would be including", but if you're concerned about power level, I certainly understand. I would certainly want to be able to fine tune their abilities, but I do want the general origin to stay the same (as in they're all connected to the OmniSource, and if their efforts are combined they can complete miraculous feats). I'm willing to tone down their individual abilities, but I still want them to be impressive.

Something useful for anyone, though (and possibly something for me to think over) is Sanderson's first law of magic: how well the audience understands the magic relates to how often you can use that magic to solve problems. This means that if you have the "magic" down to a science, then it could be used more often then if the magic is meant to be more mysterious and can do almost anything.
    Admin

Male

Post by Inazuma Sun on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 8:29 pm

Then I think things will go just fine as long as there's clear communication if anything goes in a direction someone isn't fond of. :3

Post by Disgruntled Espurr on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 1:24 am

We should talk about songs that remind us about our characters/RP ships fufufufufufufu Eyes.gif

Admin

Male

Post by Inazuma Sun on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 1:45 am

Here's one from my Simon playlist

Post by Disgruntled Espurr on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 3:19 pm

Nice.

Trying to figure out if I should link a song that makes me think of a character or a song that makes me think of a ship first.

Admin

Male

Post by Inazuma Sun on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 3:25 pm

One of each.

Post by Disgruntled Espurr on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 4:59 pm

Girl on the Floor by Ayria just feels like such a Tori song to me, while Vermilion Pt. 1 by Slipknot never fails to make me think of Dycetori for whatever reason.

Post by Disgruntled Espurr on Wed 06 Sep 2017, 9:52 pm

@Baron Espurr you never told us what Dycedarg's favorite Eeveelution would be.

I am also curious of what Eeveelutions Zalbaag, Alma, Quincy, and Jojo would like. You know. For science.

Starr-Eyed [Eevee]

Admin

Male

Post by Inazuma Sun on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 3:05 pm

New addition to the Simon playlist. :V

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 8:36 pm