Another issue

Inazuma Sun
    Admin

Another issue Empty Another issue

Post by Inazuma Sun Fri 01 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm

Anybody else running into problems with setting their timezone? I mean, aside from the problem of the list being stupidly huge for no adequately explained reason & them lumping both Americas together making the problem worse. Aaaand aside from the whole "why not just let us select GMT +/- a number like every other forum service".

Another issue Timezo10

Because as you can see, mine is an hour behind. Oh & the only two cities I could find were Boise and Denver. Idaho & Colorado. I picked Denver because it's where I wish I lived. Not even Dallas was on there! Not even Houston! Fort Worth? FUCKING AUSTIN???

Anybody else have this issue? I made a support thread about it so I'd like to know if the members are experiencing it too. I don't see a Daylight Saving Time adjustment anywhere either. Arms crossed [Charma
    Ajbcool

Another issue Empty Re: Another issue

Post by Ajbcool Sat 02 Sep 2017, 4:28 am

Eh. I know what timezone I am, and if it only showed GMT +-X, I'd be confused. I only know as my time a Central Standard Time, or Chicago if I have to pick a city.
    Airyll

Post by Airyll Sat 02 Sep 2017, 6:51 am

Non-issue.

UTC is the same as GMT, there is no difference outside of the letters being used. Just pick a location where the UTC+/- matches what you'd normally pick for GMT+/- and you'll be good.

Daylight savings is the only thing I'm not seeing, but it could very well be a non-option based on DST being handled internally by the servers wherever the servers are based. Which is a little shitty since DST happens at different times for everybody, but honestly it isn't too big of a deal for me. (Especially since I tend to refer to the clock on my computer rather than forum times for any actual reference.)
    Inazuma Sun
    Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun Sat 02 Sep 2017, 1:52 pm

Okay, so I'm the only one experiencing the "hour behind" issue, then? Just like to make that clear. Sigh [Shaymin] I'd definitely be happier if it was an issue unique to me.

Yeah, there doesn't appear to be a DST option on my end either. My time being an hour behind might be related to that, though, since on other forums when I've had the problem of the time being an hour off, checking/unchecking DST fixed it.
    Airyll

Post by Airyll Sun 03 Sep 2017, 3:52 am

My current date and time is displaying fine, to be certain, so on my end at least the problem is unique to you. DST also seems like it would be a reasonable explanation as to why your time is showing wrong, assuming you've picked the right UTC +/- that's relative to you (ignoring the fact they sort it by city, which seems extremely odd. Dublin and London are in exactly the same timezone, so why on earth this software thinks it needs to let you pick between those for how it sets timezone is... stupid.)
    Inazuma Sun
    Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun Sun 03 Sep 2017, 5:56 am

Exactly, all those locations do is make the list gigantic and a pain in the ass to go through. Fainting [Eevee]

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 3:58 pm