OOC: Interest Checks

Admin

OOC: Interest Checks

Post by Inazuma Sun on Fri 17 Nov 2017, 4:32 pm

I feel like this is a good place for us to throw ideas at the wall & see what sticks.

My main idea that I'd really like to try is characters actually playing the Pokemon video games, because I happen to enjoy liveblogging video games in-character but I haven't done it in a while. I've also never had the chance to do it with more than one character, as it was something I'd do on Tumblr... Fainting [Jolteon]

ic gaming:
    Basically how I'd like it to work is character commentary along with a playthrough of an agreed upon game, with or without screencaps. [If you're too lazy to take some, want to play on a physical copy that can't screencap, or just want to use prose to describe it all, doesn't matter to me. Whatever style works for you.]

An example of how I did this on Tumblr where one character did this & others commented on his progress, which is another formula I'd be happy to try if nobody else wanted to play along with me.

However if two or three characters took part in a little thread where they played through the games together & made different pokemon choices, or played with a rom hack of some sort, or a self-imposed challenge of some sort, or whatever, I've never done it & it's what I think would be most fun for everyone involved.

If anyone else has ideas they want to run by others, do bring them up. Pokemon related ones are the obvious intention here, but if someone has a non-Pokemon idea you're free to share it?

You can visit my other forums, or check out my IJ where I post creative works.

Re: OOC: Interest Checks

Post by goodmode on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 3:35 am

i can never keep up playing the games for long so i dunno if i could see it through to the end, but i'd probably give it a try :^0 i have absolutely no idea who i'd play though haha and i've never done it before so someone else would have to go first kjdfhgkd

i think i'd also like to try out a pokemon rp at some point either set in the mystery dungeon setting or with human/pokemon partner pairs.... (mutters real quiet: or digimon?? BLASPHEMY I'M SURE)

hmmm it's been a while, i'm rustyyy Oops [Sableye]
    Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 11:35 am

I'd be fine with giving it a try but if you'd prefer to see it first, I can do it where just one character was playing and the others interacted, but it seems more like one person hogging all the spotlight which I can't imagine is fun for more than that one person

Also I would be down for literally any of those other ideas too. I'll do mystery dungeon style [especially in the scenario of playing a canon character from something else being turned into a pokémon HINT HINT] but I'll try the trainer thing again too Digimon would be seriously better in that regard though I MEAN HAHAHAHA

Post by goodmode on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 1:17 am

i think i'd be happy to try it off the bat as long as someone else went first :^0

and yeah canon characters getting pokemonified is cute so i'd be up for that too! like just, panfandom free-for-all mystery dungeon or something like that? (hreh hreh digimon too)

i gotta wonder if anyone else is into these ideas haha...
    Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 4:43 pm

oh okay! 8D

panfandom free-for-all mystery dungeon [ocs allowed too] is exactly what i was thinking. if that digimon idea doesnt get any interest here i will find a way to make it a thing somewhere though mark my words

HEY IS ANYBODY ELSE INTO ANY OF THESE IDEAS

Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 2:07 pm

HEY SO I'M GOING TO POST AN INTEREST CHECK FOR TWO ROLEPLAYS, ONE IS CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS BUT NOT RUNNING AS QUICKLY AS I'D LIKE, AND THE OTHER IS A WIP

The first is CAHniverse and it's only for people that are into NC-17 stuff, I won't go into massive detail due to this forum being safe for work but there's a little bit of info under the spoiler
    Spoiler:
    CAHniverse is a chat rp that revolves around the events in party games, like Cards Against Humanity, Truth or Dare, or Never Have I Ever. It frequently gets nasty, and the nature of the rp itself makes it a good testing ground for characters you've never played before, it's little pressure & easy rp without being full of idiots that can't type [since I ban them lmao]

The rp has a forum located here which has links to the rules, the discord server [for ooc] and the f-list channel [for ic] as well as hosting the character profiles & other useful info, most of which is hidden from guests for privacy & other reasons

The second one is completely safe for work lmao

Who likes Chao?:
    My other project is my chao WIP, ARK Rebirth, which has already had at least three working titles but I think I'm sticking with this one as it's the shortest

This is a Sonic AU that doesn't involve Sonic at all lmao, it takes place on a replica of the space colony ARK that was built to house chao because Earth was rendered inhospitable to them due to disaster

YEAH I KNOW THAT SOUNDS HILARIOUSLY DARK FOR SOMETHING SO CUTE should that surprise any of you? That type of thing is totally my jam.

Did I mention accepted applicants will get free artwork by me of their chao? Because I fully intend on offering that to get people in the door, lmfao

Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun on Wed 09 May 2018, 5:00 pm

I'M POSTING HERE AGAIN BECAUSE I HAVE ANOTHER RP IDEA TO PITCH TO THIS FORUM THAT NOBODY IS POSTING ON BUT I REFUSE TO GIVE UP

I was going through old RP ideas that never got off the ground on one of my other forums & saw this, who wants to try it:

In this RPG you will play the role of a Pokemon seeking peace with the humans, the only way to accomplish this is by wishing it to Jirachi. This adventure to Jirachi will be fraught with danger and peril! Only come if you are valiant, for those who come might not return......

It is pretty vague but it provides a goal without a time limit & can be sandboxy/help develop characters. Though we should probably at least have a map. :V

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Jul 2018, 10:32 am