Favourite generation Bar_left25%Favourite generation Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Favourite generation Bar_left25%Favourite generation Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Inazuma Sun
    Admin

Favourite generation Empty Favourite generation

Post by Inazuma Sun Sat 26 Aug 2017, 3:20 pm

Let's see how long this thread lasts until I find out whether or not I can edit polls later & them still work without being glitchy. Look, I like to prepare for errors that may or may not happen.

Anyway, argue generational nonsense here; I assumed what your reasonings would be so I basically flamebaited all of you. Gen 2 was my fave until 7 happened.

Favourite generation Empty Re: Favourite generation

Post by Disgruntled Espurr Sat 26 Aug 2017, 3:59 pm

I'm not choosing between 2 and 6. You can't make me.
    Inazuma Sun
    Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun Sat 26 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

Yes I can:

Would you rather play Silver or Soul Silver? If your answer is Soul Silver, then you prefer Gen 6.

If you'd rather play the actual original then I guess I can't

Post by Disgruntled Espurr Sat 26 Aug 2017, 9:52 pm

See, when people ask this question I think of regions instead of the games that came out during whenever. ...though even if I did view it in the latter way, I'd have to respond with "but didn't SS come out during Gen 4?"

Anyway when I say "I'm not choosing between 2 and 6. You can't make me," I actually mean "I'm not choosing between Johto and Kalos. You can't make me."
    Inazuma Sun
    Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun Sat 26 Aug 2017, 10:38 pm

Teehee [Zorua]
    Ajbcool

Post by Ajbcool Sun 27 Aug 2017, 4:19 am

Hmmm....for nostalgia purposes, I'd have to go with Gen 2. My first game was Yellow, but we all know Gen 1 was buggy as all get out, so screw that noise. For just overall replayability, I'd go with Gen 7, because I don't like trying to play an older game when I keep expecting certain features (which is one reason why I wouldn't want Gen1, because no experience bar filling - that was very helpful during my first Crystal playthroughs).
    Inazuma Sun
    Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun Sun 27 Aug 2017, 6:57 pm

I can relate to this, especially with not wanting to go back to gen 1 after the exp bar was animated.

Post by Disgruntled Espurr Sun 27 Aug 2017, 10:11 pm

Inazuma Sun wrote:Teehee [Zorua]

Ah, but notice that you still have not made me! Spanky Pichu
    Comb

Post by Comb Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:00 am

I'm still not over BW/BW2 (in the good way)
    Baron Espurr

Post by Baron Espurr Thu 05 Oct 2017, 11:45 am

Honestly, I don't think I have a favorite generation. There are individual pokemon or individual games that I like, but I don't really look at a single generation of Pokemon and go "Yes, this is the apex, this is where the series hit its peak" or whatever unless I'm specifically making a statement on the games themselves and their technical or storytelling aspects.
    Airyll

Post by Airyll Thu 05 Oct 2017, 12:35 pm

Baron Espurr wrote:Honestly, I don't think I have a favorite generation. There are individual pokemon or individual games that I like, but I don't really look at a single generation of Pokemon and go "Yes, this is the apex, this is where the series hit its peak" or whatever unless I'm specifically making a statement on the games themselves and their technical or storytelling aspects.

Give the guy a medal.

My sentiments exactly. I loved playing Y and I loved playing Moon, but then again I also adore Silver not unlike two long lost lovers getting back together at the end of a romance novel after spending years apart. I can't think of any one generation that I would label as "the best" - I would say that if I'm being honest, the most recent generation of games has given me some of my favourite features and they played heavily on my nostalgia, which won them points with me. (I COULD PET MY ORIGINAL RAYQUAZA FROM MY ORIGINAL FIRST EVER POKEMON SAPPHIRE AND I STILL CAN'T GET OVER THE FACT THAT POKEMON IS ALMOST HALF MY AGE AND YET STILL EXISTS. TRULY WE ARE BLESSED.)

But if I'm being equally honest, all the games have their own appeal to them. And having grown up with all of them, they all hold a fairly special place in my heart. The most recent games are definitely some of the most visually appealing and they have some nice monster designs, but the earlier generations felt wildly more vast in their monster designs and it felt a lot more epic trying to go out and find all of them. Similarly, the older games will always have the nostalgic benefit of me learning how to play Pokemon - something the newer games can never reproduce no matter how hard they try.

Modern Pokemon are still fun, they're still an adventure, but they never have the same feeling of scale that they did when I was a wee youngin' just trying to catch all 151 in the age where your handhold game console was the size of a brick and could have probably been just as deadly as one if you threw it hard enough.
    Ryu

Post by Ryu Mon 16 Oct 2017, 6:56 am

Johto is my favorite region and SoulSilver is a very good remake. Fight me!

Post by Sponsored content