The Airy Aerie

Airyll

The Airy Aerie Empty The Airy Aerie

Post by Airyll Fri 01 Sep 2017, 1:19 pm

So I host and run a website all my own, which currently acts as a sort of portfolio for my writing to some small degree. I really enjoy reviewing games (and always have) so the latest foray into website building lead me to make a site where I can post game reviews, and have a blog on the side for posts that aren't necessarily reviews or aren't about video games.

You can check this site out here: the Airy Aerie

A current list of reviews at the time of writing - not including game related blog posts:

• Abzu
    • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn/Heavensward
    • God Eater: Resurrection
    • Guild Wars 2
    • NieR: Automata

Planned reviews - in no particular order:

• Old City: Leviathan
    • Warframe
    • Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
    • Euro Truck Simulator 2 (no, I'm not kidding)
    • No Man's Sky

The blog covers a variety of topics, most of them just ones that I feel like posting about at the time. While the vast majority of these topics are related to video games, they won't always be, and there are currently two posts that are unrelated also. I try to keep these listed on my Opinion Pieces page, but that needs an update as of the current time of posting.

I'll probably bump this thread here whenever a new review goes up to be honest. Thanks for checking it out, if you checked it out! o7 If you have a suggestion for the site, or a suggestion of a game to look into, feel free to drop a response here.
    Inazuma Sun
    Admin

The Airy Aerie Empty Re: The Airy Aerie

Post by Inazuma Sun Fri 01 Sep 2017, 2:37 pm

I havent dropped by in a while but I'm glad you posted it, the layout looks amazing.
    Airyll

Post by Airyll Sat 02 Sep 2017, 6:55 am

You know, so far I've only had positive feedback on the layout of the site and I couldn't be happier about that. I'm so glad people like it and that it's fluid enough for people to enjoy and navigate. \o/

I'm still contemplating if it's even worth reviewing a Pokemon game given how standard formula they are at this point, or if I should pull out a surprise classic review like maybe one of the OG Spyros (which can then lead into one of the rebooted Spyro games, maybe?)
    Inazuma Sun
    Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun Sat 02 Sep 2017, 2:05 pm

Well for one, the design not only flows & uses colours easy on the eyes [with contrast], but more importantly, your text isn't too small. Like, you don't know how incredibly rare that is. I have browser add-ons installed for the specific purpose of making a site's text and only text larger with the press of a button because this plague is so common. Fainting [Eevee] Most people probably don't have as much issue as me necessarily, so I always have to emphasize it when it's important. :>

The blog is also worth mentioning because its design does something I almost never see as well! It gives me dark text on a light background that doesn't hurt my eyes. That's fucking incredible, mad props.

If I had to give it a criticism, it's that I'm not an incredibly big fan of those auto-scrolling things like what's on your main page, if only because I read slowly & when I see those things I wanna read the whole thing, but of course you're not meant to be able to before it changes over :V It's not a dealbreaker for me or anything though.

Teal Deer I don't feel like I'm visually impaired when I visit ur site & it makes me feel like a good
    Airyll

Post by Airyll Sun 03 Sep 2017, 3:55 am

Inazuma Sun wrote:If I had to give it a criticism, it's that I'm not an incredibly big fan of those auto-scrolling things like what's on your main page, if only because I read slowly & when I see those things I wanna read the whole thing, but of course you're not meant to be able to before it changes over :V It's not a dealbreaker for me or anything though.

Actually funny you mention this: it was originally a lot faster. I then had a complaint about it, so edited it somewhat - if it autoscrolls before you finish, use your scroll wheel to move back to the one you were reading. The marquee will then be static, won't autoscroll at all, and you can manually move through it at your leisure.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm really glad the site's accessible for you and isn't a pain in the arse to look at or navigate. :3c
    Inazuma Sun
    Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun Sun 03 Sep 2017, 6:03 am

Airyll wrote:Actually funny you mention this: it was originally a lot faster. I then had a complaint about it, so edited it somewhat - if it autoscrolls before you finish, use your scroll wheel to move back to the one you were reading. The marquee will then be static, won't autoscroll at all, and you can manually move through it at your leisure.
    The Airy Aerie WAtW4vJ
    Wow I actually did not know this, thank you, hahaha.
    Airyll

Post by Airyll Thu 14 Sep 2017, 6:03 am

Blog update: The PewDiePie Problem

Airy weighs in on the most recent viral news about YouTuber's "biggest" content creator, and why everybody seems to be missing the point about why his constant racist behaviour is actually a problem. Hint: it isn't actually because he might be a racist.
    Inazuma Sun
    Admin

Post by Inazuma Sun Thu 14 Sep 2017, 11:57 am

A quick proofread for you: "that’s bad, and I don’t condone it, but I’m never like to meet him in real life"

Anyway, this was an amazing post & I share your opinions exactly, but in particular I liked the metaphor at the end showing how much weight Felix's words carry. I'd also like to see you make posts on the other subjects you mentioned here sometime. Grinning [Sylveon]

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 3:27 am